Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Due dates updated

Hello,

Last semester, I changed all the due dates before the course went live, and then they all reverted back to what they were before. So this time, I waited until the course started to change the due dates. Well, it took a little longer than I had expected but all the Unit 1 due dates should be correct. Also, there was some bad information in the syllabus, which I have since changed. If you are away from any Lonestar assessment center and you need to take an exam, you can do it at any proctored location that is recognized for that service. I have even known a public library to have proctoring facilities. It's better to do it at Lonestar if you can, because, otherwise, we have to make special arrangments. But I don't mind if it's necessary.

By the way, there is no orientation quiz. I made one once, but it was so dumb I was embarrassed. I presume you took the online tutorial. If you have any problems or questions, lets just work it out here on the blog.

6 comments:

Chau said...

Hi Professor,

When you say an assignment is due on June 7, is it due by 11:59 PM on June 6 or 11:59 PM on June 7? Thanks!

- Chau

p stewart said...

I am soo confused :) u said the due dates are fixed, if that is correct is chapter 19,20,21 all due on june 7th as assessment says. I also willsend back ragtime to my book store and get "amusing Millions" . so before I do that, let me be sure, All we need is Amusing millions, america, ceasar chavez and warriors dont cry. Is that correct. I will do chaper 19 and then see . but if i have all to do. let me know . thanks.

David L. Davis said...

11:59 PM June 7. That's Sunday night, which gives folks all weekend.

David L. Davis said...

P Stewart, the summer terms moves fast, and there is a lot to get done by Sunday night. If you have Ragtime, and you want to read that instead of Amusing the Millions, go ahead and read Ragtime. It's about the same time period, and it's just as good, if you ask me. A lot of students didn't like Ragtime, but I think it's a fabulous book.

Kevin Dunn said...

Hi Dr. Davis,

When logging onto lsc-online it displays that I have no current courses listed. I'm not sure what's wrong.

-Kevin Dunn

Anonymous said...

how do you get to the section to post a paragraph...Im confused?