LONE STAR COLLEGE FOUNDATION 24TH ANNUAL
STUDENT ESSAY CONTEST
“How my Lone Star College experience has influenced my life.”
· Students must be enrolled full-time in credit classes at LSC-Montgomery or LSC-Conroe Center and have successfully earned their high school diploma or their GED certification. (Students who are in Health Occupations programs taking 11 credit hours are also eligible to apply.)
· Students should not already have a degree but should be working on their first credential or degree.
· A prior winner cannot win again.
· The essay should highlight and detail how the impact of a student’s educational experience has shaped and directed their life.
· The submission should not exceed two (2) typed pages, properly formatted and double-spaced.
· The submission must include the student’s name, address, email and phone number.
Expressive writing style, grammar, form and emotional impact will be taken into consideration.
· All finalists will receive a $1,000 scholarship and a Certificate of Recognition from the Foundation.
· The scholarship is to be utilized during the student’s next full-time semester, preferably Spring 2017 but no later than Fall 2017.
· Finalists will present their essay at the Chancellor’s Breakfast, on Tuesday, January 24, 2017, at the Lone Star Community Building at the System Office. They will also be asked to participate in other Foundation activities during the spring semester.
You must submit your essay to DeAlva Engelhardt in the LSC-Montgomery College Relations Office (E101) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m., Friday, October 28, 2016.
If you have questions, please contact Brian Mullen in the College Relations Office via e-mail (email@example.com) or by calling 936.273.7224.