- I only intended for you to write one paragraph. Apparently, that wasn't clear in the instructions, so I graded with that in mind. When doing the Frederick Douglass assignment, choose one question and answer it as thoroughly as you can in one paragraph.
- Proofread carefully. It's okay to get help with proofreading. I have someone proofread everything I write (except this blog).
- Give some time and consideration to the question you are addressing. Think it through. Be careful that you don't just restate the question; rather, make a claim of your own. It doesn't have to be original, but it needs to be yours
1. Structure/organization, does the paragraph function as a unit of thought?
2. Evidence, does the paragraph draw specific references from the book as evidence to support the claim(s) made in your paragraph?
3. Analysis, does the paragraph explain logically how the evidence presented supports the claims made?
4. Proofreading, the paragraph should be free of grammatical errors and misspellings.