WHAT IS THE MODEL UN?
It is the opportunity to present & collaborate with 5,000 students from around the world on international issues that affect all people. Students in the shoes of ambassadors from a UN member state to negotiate with allies and adversaries to resolve conflicts & promote international cooperation.
LSC-NH takes a delegation to New York City every spring to participation in this global conference. The college takes care of all expenses and students are required to do extensive research & writing regarding the issues of the member state that we are assigned. Issues that are addressed are
· Illicit trade
· Cyber warfare
· Biological weapons
· Intellectual properties
· Economic development
· Human trafficking
· Organized crime
· Right of indigenous peoples
· Must have 3.00 GPA
· Two letters of reference from professors, supervisor/manager, commanding officer
· Writing sample (college level) or answer this question “Discuss the relevance of the UN in the current global political environment.”
· Submit completed application packet to Diana Cooley – A264B on or before October 25, 2013, delegation will be formed and announced on October 31, 2013 and extensive preparation for the conference begins in the spring semester.
· We depart for NYC on Saturday, April 12, 2014 and return on Friday, April 18, 2014