Saturday, May 30, 2009

Welcome to the course. I hope you find it intellectually fulfilling. Below, please find a few items that some of you have asked about in emails:

* Will I need to show up for exams?

Yes. You are required to take three exams in person at a proctored facility, preferably an LSC assessment center. The reason for this is simply accountability. It is really the only way to hold online students accountable for doing the work themselves.

* I have children, which is why I am taking an online course in the first place. Is child care available?

Yes. Drop-off or regular child care is available at LSC-North Harris.

* What books am I required to read?

* George Brown Tindall and David Emory Shi. America: A Narrative History, Vol. 2, 7th edition.
* Kasson, John, Amusing the Millions (Hill and Wang 1978) ISBN: 978-0-80900133
* Beals, Melba Patillo, Warriors Don’t Cry (Simon Pulse 2007), ISBN: 978-1416948827
* Botz, Dan La, Cesar Chavez (Pearson 2006), ISBN: 0-321-18764-4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Professor Davis. For some reason I can't access the course page on Blackboard yet, and I was just wondering when will the first assignment be due? Thanks!

David L. Davis said...

Don't worry, you have plenty of time. You won't be able to get in until about noon today.Let me know if you have trouble after that.